For additional information, please call ( 3 4 0 ) 6 9 2 – 4 1 1 0 .
- What are the submission fees for Filmmakers? The entry fee is $10 per film/audio per category. (Currently enrolled UVI students and UVI employees are exempt from paying entry fees.)
- How much does it cost to upload videos? It’s free to upload videos and share them with festivals. We support HD 1080p uploads up to 10 GB file sizes.
Duration and Formats:
- What file formats are accepted? For video MP4 format is acceptable. For Audio, MP3 is acceptable.
- Short films can be anywhere between 1-12 minutes in length.
- Feature films must be between 20-130 minutes in length.
- All films must be submitted in a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080p.
- Films, scripts, and audio can be any genre.
- Video, audio, or scripts may be about any topic provided they do not violate copyright ownership, attribution, or infringement laws. Films with a focus on Caribbean culture, life, or experiences are encouraged.
- Entry forms must be submitted by April 12, 2022. No entry forms will be accepted after this date.
- All films/scripts must be submitted (via email) by April 17, 2022. No files will be accepted after this date.
- Entrants will be notified of their inclusion in the festival no later than April 18, 2022.
- All application materials must be electronically submitted to Dr. Sharon Albert Honore @email@example.com. Subject line must include CCAF.
- Can I enter my film or audio in more than one category? You must submit a completed entry form and fee payment each time you enter your work in a separate category.
- In the cases of collaborative projects, the group name listed on the entry form will be the recipient of any awards.
- What are the contest categories? The video and audio categories are listed here.
- Where do I get the entry form? [The entry from link has been removed now that the 2022 festival has concluded. It will be available for 2023 soon.]
- Monetary prizes will be awarded to the first-place winners in each category.
- Second and third-place winners will not receive monetary prizes but will receive special recognition awards.
- At the discretion of CCAF, filmmakers will have the opportunity to submit their films for a chance to be featured at a CCAF Red Carpet Event/Screening. The chosen films will also receive the prestigious Grand Showcase Award.
- Awards will also be given for Best Production, Best Cinematography, Best Original Story, and Most Creative Entry.
- A panel of judges, consisting of celebrated producers and industry professionals, will evaluate the submitted films prior to the festival.
- A two-hour Main Event Show will feature category and festival winners (those that receive the highest scores upon judging and evaluation).
- Feature films selected will be showcased individually, separately from the Main Event Show.
- At the discretion of CCAF, audience members may be able to vote on selected video and audio submissions.